The Harold K. Schneider Prize Competition is now accepting submissions for its 2020 undergraduate and graduate student paper competition. The deadline for the competition is June 1, 2020; complete details are available on the Schneider Prize web page.
- Please submit electronic submissions only.
- Manuscripts should be in English only and no longer than 8,000 words, including endnotes and references, and in American Anthropological style.
- The electronic submission must be sent in Microsoft Word format. Use your last name as the document name (example: “mauss.docx”).
- Reviews are blind. Please include a title page with your name and contact addresses (both mail and email), but do not include your name anywhere within the text of the document.
- Indicate on the title page whether you are applying in the undergraduate or graduate category.
- If the paper includes multiple .gif or .jpg images, please include them within the text as well in a separate document labeled with your name (example: “mauss_images.docx”).
- All student submissions must be accompanied by a supporting note from a faculty sponsor, which should be submitted via e-mail.
- Undergraduate award winners receive $150; graduate award winners receive $300.
Submissions, faculty support notes, and questions can be sent to Allison Truitt at atruitt [at] tulane [dot] edu.