The SEA awards excellent and innovative research
From an undergraduate’s first writings to a senior scholar’s book-length treatment of pressing topics, follow the links below to learn how we recognize scholarship.
The SEA is especially committed to junior scholars undertaking dissertation research. Explore the lists of our awardees to learn the future, often unexpected, directions our field is taking.
- The SEA book prize recognizes in-depth monographs — explore our list of awardees
- The Kate Browne Creativity in Research Award — a NEW recognition of scholars who demonstrate unusual creativity in an original research project
- The M. Estellie Smith Award supports junior scholars’ dissertation research and travel — explore awardees
- The Halperin Award supports graduate students undertaking pre-dissertation research– explore awardees
- The Schneider Prize for excellent student papers, both undergraduate and graduate — explore awardees